Turmeric: This spice has been in existence at least 2500 years and was used mainly as a dye or for face painting. It’s importance is now being studied and realized as an anti-inflammatory, natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial agent. In some studies it has even been shown to help with liver detoxification. Make it a part of your cooking and add a new level of flavor to your meals. Works wonders in egg salad with pistachios or added to a dish of steamed cauliflower with sweet potatoes....Read More
2.Vary Ranges: Vary your workouts. Alternating light and heavy weight workouts as well as alternating the number of sets and repetitions you perform will stimulate the muscle fibers in your body.
3: Partner up: Whenever possible train with a partner. This will give you the incentive you need to go the extra repetition without fear of hurting yourself.
5 Rest period: Resting between sets should be kept to a minimum (30 sec. to 1 min.) in so doing you will bring your weight training session to an aerobic level.
6. Sleep: Never train when you have had insufficient sleep. Taxing your body when you are tired can have a counter productive effect.
8. Core: Develop strong core muscles. A strong core will prevent injury to your back and help you perform exercises with proper form. Examples (crunches, deadlifts, squats)
This was September’s Recipe of the month, and one of our favorites.
- 1 can tuna in water
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp paprika Mix all ingredients together until it resembles tuna salad. Have over bed of lettuce or between whole grain bread.
( more recipes )
Recipe of the Month
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 can plain tomato sauce (15 0z.)
- 3 chopped cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- 1 celery stick
- 1 small onion chopped.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1&1/2 cups water
- Hot pepper (optional)
- Set on a low flame for 1 hour, stir occasionally.
In a separate pot saute 2 bunches of fresh spinach in olive oil until soft. Add it all together, serve it over your favorite grain for a complete winter meal (more recipes)...Read More