- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp sweet paprik
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 cup red lentils
- 6 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 3 vined ripened tomatoes chopped
- 16 oz. spinach chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
For the Garlic Yogurt:
- 3 oz. natural Greek yogurt
- 2 small garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in a large pan, then add, onion, carrots, garlic, chili flakes, some salt and pepper. Stir, cover, cook for 7-8 minutes until soft and lightly golden.
- Uncover pan, add cumin, paprika. Stir a few seconds, add puree. Add lentils and stock, bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients for garlic sauce, add salt and chill.
- Add diced tomatoes to soup and simmer for 5 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bunch up the spinach leaves and slice them thin (fine shreds). Stir into soup until wilted.
- Serve with yogurt sauce on top. Sprinkle paprika on top
- Serve with a lemon slice
Courtesy of Anarosa Nazario