– 1 pound package of frozen butternut squash chunks
– 1 medium onion
– 1 red pepper
– 1 can of red kidney beans (Brads, Eden, )
– 1 box white button mushrooms
– 3 Tbs. canola or if you prefer olive oil
– 1/2 tsp. salt
– 1/2 tsp. black pepper
– 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
– 1Tbs. dried basil
– In a steamer place the frozen butternut squash until you are able to pierce a piece with a knife.
– Dice onion and red pepper in heated oil in a skillet until the onion is transparent- med flame for 10 min.
– Add broth and chopped mushrooms cover and lower the flame -about 8 min.
– After butternut squash is ready add to the skillet along with washed beans, salt, pepper and basil, toss and let it heat for another 8 minutes.